Camel Safari-Animal Encounters
Pricing Starts From
Price varies by activity
Share This Tour
1 1/2 Hours
Camel Ride and Farm Tour Duration
Ask yourself, what is the most unique and unusual thing you can do in the Las Vegas area? Answer: Ride a Camel in the desert of course!
Trek through the Nevada desert, by an experienced Camel Safari handler, on an unforgettable Safari atop one of our majestic Camels. You will also have the opportunity to meet and greet your Camel before you embark. Views of the beautiful Virgin Mountains and Virgin River await you on your ride.
You will also Tour the farm for an opportunity to get up close and personal, with a Sloth, Armadillo, Opossom and many more species of wildlife.
Trek through the Nevada desert on an unforgettable safari atop one of our majestic camels. You will have the opportunity to meet your camel before you embark. Overlook the beautiful Virgin Mountains and Virgin River on your ride, led by an experienced Camel Safari handler. You will also get a tour of the farm for an opportunity to get up close and personal, with a sloth, armadillo, opossum and much more. Camel ride and farm tour. Full tour and ride last 1 1/2 hours.
Immerse yourself in camel culture and learn about the history, anatomy, personality, keeping, and training of both Dromedary (one-hump) and Bactrian (two-hump) camels. You will get a tour of the farm for an opportunity to get up close and personal with a sloth, armadillo, opossum and much more. This experience is so much more than a farm tour – it is an educational and hands-on experience that you will remember for a lifetime. You will meet a camel up close. Full tour takes 1 hour.
This VIP tour includes a rare behind the scenes look at what is required to be an animal care provider. Get up close and personal with some of your favorite Camel Safari animals in this first time ever opportunity. Not only will you get a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes, you will also learn how to prepare food for the variety of unique animals we have here at Camel Safari. You will also get a tour of the farm for an opportunity to get up close and personal, with a sloth, armadillo, opossum and much more. Does not include seeing animals out of their enclosure or hand feeding of any animals Tour is 1 hour.
Learn about packing with our bactrian camels and go on a short 2-mile trek along side them. We stop for lunch (the camels carry everything) beside the Virgin River which cuts through our property. Immerse yourself in camel culture and learn about the history, anatomy, personality, keeping, and training of both Dromedary (one-hump) and Bactrian (two-hump) camels. You will get a tour of the farm for an opportunity to get up close and personal with a sloth, armadillo, opossum and much more. This experience is so much more than a farm tour – it is an educational and hands-on experience that you will remember for a lifetime. Does not include a camel ride. Full tour approx. 2 hours
- Camel Safari is offered seasonably, generally October-May
- View the Calendar to find Tour Times
- Camel Ride
- Farm Tour
- Animal Encounters
- Max. 250 lbs. per camel
- Children must be at least 3 years old on or before your scheduled safari to ride
- Riding a camel requires agility: Do not ride if you are pregnant, cannot easily climb stairs, or have hip, knee, or back problems.
- Reservations – Arrive On Time
- Your experience begins promptly at the time for which you make your reservation.
- Please arrive within 25 minutes of reservation. If earlier please wait at your car.
- To provide all of our ticket holders with a premium quality experience, we cannot hold rides for late arrivals.
- We do not provide refunds for those who arrive late and miss their scheduled ride.
- Children must be at least three (3) years of age to ride camels.
- Younger children are welcome to observe and participate in the educational portion of your camel experience as long as they remain in the company of an adult in your party at all times.
- Please be sure to watch your kids that they are being safe at all times. By not running and keeping their hands to themselves.
- Clothing-Please dress in appropriate clothing when you visit us.
- Please wear sneakers, work/rain boots or similar footwear (no sandals, heels, dress shoes, etc).
- Your clothing should be comfortable and allow you to move easily if you are mounting a camel.
- We recommend leaving loose scarves (scarves for warmth are just fine) or hanging jewelry at home, for your own comfort.
- You should be willing to get anything you wear a bit dusty/dirty!
- Any personal items should be left at your car.
- After arriving you will not be able to return to your car so grab what you need.
- Weather-Camel Safari reserves the right to cancel reservations in the event of inclement weather.
- We will provide you with the opportunity to rebook your experience or receive a full refund if this occurs.
- Cancellations-You may cancel your ride experience and receive a full refund as long as we receive your cancellation request at least three days before your scheduled ride.
- Cancellations received between 24 hours and 3 days before your scheduled ride will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations received within 24 hours of your scheduled ride.
- Releases-All members of the public will be required to sign our standard release. If you are unwilling to sign this release, we will be unable to allow you to interact with the animals.
- Must be under 250 pounds to ride camels.
- Be Responsible-We provide a very safe, but up-close experience with our camels.
- We do everything possible to make this enjoyable for you, but ultimately we rely on your own common sense and cooperation when interacting with our animals.
- We ask that you do not poke, pull, yell, hit, throw objects at, tease, or otherwise intimidate our animals during your experience.
- If you exhibit any such behavior, you may be asked to leave the property and no refund will be provided.
- Please be respectful during your visit, and we can promise you a spectacular time!
- Payment in full is required when booking
- Reservations cancelled 3 days or more prior to tour date receive a full refund
- Reservations cancelled 1-2 days prior to tour date receive refund less a 20% cancellation fee
- Reservations cancelled within 24 hours of tour date receive no refunds.