Grand Canyon Rafting Self-Drive
Pricing Starts From
All Prices Per Person
Share This Tour
Does not include transportation time
When you’re looking for a 1 day Grand Canyon Rafting trip from Las Vegas, this is the trip you want! This Full Day Adventure combines a Ground Tour to the Grand Canyon that shows you Hoover Dam, Historical Route 66, and many highlights along the way, along with a Whitewater rafting trip in the Grand Canyon on the mighty Colorado River. Once at the Grand Canyon, you’ll take a short drive down to the Colorado River, to begin your Whitewater Adventure.
What better way to experience the beauty of the Grand Canyon Rapids than with an experienced River Runner Guide. All guides are fully certified and not only will they guide you safely through these Class III-VI Rapids, but they will also entertain you with information on the history of the canyon. The motorized rafts used are designed specifically for the Colorado River, so you can fully enjoy this memory-making 40-mile journey!
For this Grand Canyon Rafting Trip, you will be responsible to drive yourself to the Hualapai Lodge in Peach Springs, AZ, approximately 153 miles, 2 1/2-3 hours. You MUST arrive at the the Hualapai Lodge in Peach Springs AZ no later than 7:30 am. Peach Springs AZ operates on Mountain Time, it is YOUR responsibility to arrive on time.
The bus ride from Peach Springs to the Colorado River will be an hour. Travel on this maintained dirt road is somewhat rough so expect a rugged ride. The elevation at Diamond Creek is 1,600 feet with beautiful scenery and occasional wildlife. Traveling down you can enjoy the natural wonder of the Grand Canyon walls emerging as you make the gradual descent down.
Rafting on the Colorado River On the one-day whitewater adventure, you will be traveling along 47 miles of the Colorado River with our very own experienced boatmen/women. You’ll experience rapids with the first 12 miles. These rapids are adventurous enough for those thrill seekers, yet those who may be a little timid no need to worry. Your boatmen/women will have your safety and enjoyment in mind.
The rapids from a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the roughest) are ranged between a 4 thru 7, depending on the level of the water. Your first stop will be at Travertine Cavern Falls for a moderate hike and short climb up into the cavern. After your hike, you will enjoy lunch along a sandy beach area, which is a sub-type sandwich. We also provide beverages: water, assorted soda, and assorted juices, and snacks along the way. If you have any dietary needs, please let the Concierge know upon making reservations. After a nice lunch in the canyon, the last 25 miles of the river trip will be a smooth float with a short break in between.
From there, you will be shuttled back to the Hualapai Lodge in Peach Springs Arizona.
- Rafting Trip Departures Hualapai Lodge at 8 am (Mountain Time)
- You MUST check by 7:30 am (Mountain Time)
- Rafting trip will end at Grand Canyon West at approximately 4 pm.
- Shuttle will arrive back at the Hualapai Lodge in Peach Springs at approximately 6:00 pm
- 47 Mile, Class III-VI Whitewater Rafting Trip
- Professional Hualapai River Guide
- Lunch at Travertine Canyon
- Gratuity not included
- Must be 8 years old or older
- Under 18 must have parent/guardian present
- Reservations Required
- Please see FAQs Page for what to wear/bring
- Routes and trips are proposed and might change. Although we will do everything in our power to make sure trips are as described, we may change routes, locations, or times to ensure the safety of our guests and guides.
- We cannot be responsible for wind, weather, waves, rain, heat, flash floods, earthquakes, or unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel trips due to weather or unsafe conditions. In this case, we will reschedule, issue a credit, or refund money, depending on individual circumstances.
- Payment in full is required when booking
- Payment will show on statement as from Awesome Adventures Inc.
- Reservations cancelled 31+ days prior to tour date receive refund of deposits/payment minus a $35 per person processing fee
- Reservations cancelled less than 31 days in advance receive no refunds
- Trip insurance is available, please choose option when booking your trip.
- View FAQs for Trip Insurance and other information