Hoover Dam Mountain Bike Tour
Pricing Starts From
All Prices Per Person
Share This Tour
Hotel Pickup to Hotel Return
This Hoover Dam Mountain Bike Tour takes place on the River Mountain Trail, a leisurely downhill trail from Boulder City to Lake Mead and Hoover Dam which includes a stop while at Hoover Dam. This Tour is great for ages 14 and up and does not require experience, but you must know how to ride a 2 wheel bicycle. The Tour travels along a path that will provide incredible views of Lake Mead, a stop for viewing herds of Bighorn Sheep, and a ride through five historic railroad tunnels…once used to transport concrete to Hoover Dam during the building of this engineering marvel.
This is a beginner friendly trail, with mostly downhill riding, but it’s an exciting exploration into Nevada History no matter what your riding level is. Bikes are Mountain Bikes or Cruisers, and helmets and gloves are included.Basic Riding Instruction is provided before you set off on this 13 mile adventure. A water and snack break is provided about halfway through the adventure. Combination of wide pavement and packed dirt. No singletrack. Fun & scenic with 7 tunnels on trail. Approximately 7 hours hotel pickup to hotel return
Come experience one of the best bike paths in the Las Vegas valley. This beginner friendly bike trail will take you leisurely downhill toward Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam. You will ride along the river mountains and eventually pedal past the blue waters of Lake Mead.
After some basic riding instruction, you will set off toward the trailhead and be immediately rewarded with spectacular views. A short stop gives you the opportunity to see Bighorn Sheep, so don’t forget the camera. Resting points along the way will allow for explorations, photos, and questions about the area.
The bike path continues to meander toward Lake Mead where you can stop at the Visitors Center for restrooms and water. Visit the wildlife exhibit and learn about local plants and animals of the Mohave desert.
Back at the railroad tunnel trailhead, you will prepare to embark on a historic journey. Ride your bike through five giant tunnels, where trains transported concrete to the Hoover Dam 24 hours/day for two years. Take some time to explore the Hoover Dam, snap some photos, or take the tour into the depths of this engineering wonder.
After lunch, we will pack up the mountain bikes and gear before heading back to Las Vegas to finish off an unforgettable experience. This trip is rapidly becoming a customer favorite!
Offered: Year Round
Historic Tunnel Trail Sample Itinerary
8:00 a.m. Hotel Pickups from Las Vegas Strip
9:00 a.m. Arrive at Bike Shop in Boulder City for check-in and paperwork. Guests are fitted with equipment and may purchase any last minute items.
9:30 a.m. Bike instruction, communication signals,and group safety demo. Warm up in parking lot, practice using proper gears and brakes.
9:40 a.m. Depart for the River Mountain Trail. Bike, approximately 3 miles.
10:00 a.m. Stop at Hemenway park to view Desert Bighorn sheep if season allows.
10:15 a.m. Continue biking 3-4 miles downhill toward Lake Mead. Path leaves neighborhoods and heads off into the Mohave Desert.
10:30 a.m. Water and snack break
10:40 a.m. Ride approximately 3 miles.
11:00 a.m. Arrive at the Railroad tunnel trail.
11:15 a.m. Bike 3 miles through 5 historic tunnels. Views of Lake Mead appear around every turn.
11:30 a.m. Ride through the final tunnel near the Dam.
12:00 p.m. After 2 miles, arrive at the Hoover Dam.
12:30 p.m. Lunch break
1:15 p.m. Tour the Hoover Dam. Free time to explore.
2:45 p.m. Meet the shuttle back to Boulder City.
3:00 p.m. Brief stop to use restrooms, and buy souvenirs.
3:30 p.m. Arrive at hotels on Las Vegas Strip.
- Mountain Bike or Cruiser
- All Permits and Fees
- Professional Bike Guide
- Helmet and Gloves
- Snacks-Bottled Water-Picnic Style Lunch
- Round Trip Transportation from Las Vegas
- Gratuity not included
- Activities: Mountain Biking, Wildlife, Hoover Dam
- Hoover Dam: 1.5 hours
- Biking Time: 2½ – 3 hours
- Total Miles: 13 total miles; 8 miles paved, 5 miles dirt.
- Number of stops: As many as needed; 10 or more
- Trail Terrain: Combination of wide pavement and packed dirt. No singletrack. Fun & scenic with 7 tunnels on trail.
- Elevation Gain/Loss:
80% Loss / 20% Gain
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Minimum Age: 14 +
- Must be able to ride a 2 Wheel Bicycle
- 14 or older to participate
- Under 18 must have parent/guardian present
- No high heels, flip flops, sandals or open toed shoes
- Sneakers, Boots or closed toed shoes only
- Reservations Required
- All participants must completed a Participant Agreement/Acknowledgement of Risk Form
- Minimum 2 to operate any tour
- Routes and trips are proposed and might change.
- Although we will do everything in our power to make sure trips are as described, we may change routes, locations, or times to ensure the safety of our guests and guides.
- We cannot be responsible for wind, weather, waves, rain, heat, flash floods, earthquakes, or unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel trips due to weather or unsafe conditions. In this case, we will reschedule, issue a credit, or refund money, depending on individual circumstances.
- Payment in full is due when reserving
- Payment will show on statement as from Awesome Adventures Inc.
- Reservations cancelled 14+ days prior to tour date receive refund of deposits/payment minus a 6% processing fee
- Reservations cancelled 7-13 days prior to tour date receive 50% refund
- Reservations cancelled 3-6 days prior to tour date receive 25% deposit
- Reservations cancelled 2 or less days prior to tour date receive no refunds.
- Trips can be rescheduled with 2+ days notice, rescheduling fee is $25 per person.