Hoover Dam Kayak Tour
Pricing Starts From
Includes Non Refundable NPS Fee
Share This Tour
Hotel Pickup to Hotel Return
This Tour launches at the base of the Mighty Hoover Dam and travels 11.7 miles down the Colorado River to the takeout at Willow Beach Arizona. This Hoover Dam Kayak Tour requires the purchase of a $22 National Park Service Permit (included in price shown). NOTE: These passes sell out fast, sometimes 6 months in advance.
Before you set out on your adventure you will receive a safety briefing, while getting acquainted with your kayak and learning basic paddling techniques. Once you are ready, the journey begins with an exciting ride down the only road to the base of the Mighty Hoover Dam, the Lower Portal Road. You will see Hoover Dam emerge as you drop 1100′ in elevation as you approach the base of the dam and take in some spectacular views along the way!
This Hoover Dam Kayak Tour is truly a one of a kind Las Vegas Adventure.
This tour launches at the base of the Mighty Hoover Dam and travels 11.7 miles down the Colorado River to takeout at Willow Beach Arizona. This Hoover Dam Kayak Tour requires the purchase of a $22 National Park Service Permit (included in price shown) and they sell out FAST, sometimes 6 months in advance
This tour begins with an exciting ride down the only road to the base of the Mighty Hoover Dam, the Lower Portal Road. You will see Hoover Dam emerge as you drop 1100′ in elevation as you approach the base of the dam. You will get acquainted with your kayak, receive a safety briefing, learn basic paddling techniques, and then begin the adventure.
You will kayak past a Fish Hatchery on your way to see the beginnings of an historic trail-head. Enjoy a short hike with incredible views and check out the ruins before heading back to the kayaks.
Emerald Cove is hidden in a narrow channel where the green waters of Black Canyon Flow. Once inside, stop for some amazing photos. Keep your eye out for Big Horn Sheep, Bald Eagles, Striped Bass and Coyotes throughout your journey.
After Emerald Cove, we will stop at a sandy beach for lunch with incredible views. Cool off in the refreshing waters of the Colorado River before kayaking to Willow Beach, our final destination!
Time: 6 am- 6 pm
Offered: All Year
Availability depends on permit availability
- Single or Double Kayak
- 5-6 hour, 11.7 Mile Paddle on Black Canyon/Colorado River
- All Permits and Fees
- Professional Kayak Guide
- Boxed Lunch-Bottled Water
- Round Trip Transportation from Las Vegas
Gratuity not included
- 14 or older to paddle kayak solo
- 6 or older to paddle tandem with adult
- Under 18 must have parent/guardian present
- Reservations Required
- Although we do have experience accommodating persons with a wide range of physical challenges, disabilities, or medical and health conditions, we have found that in some people the fact of age, weight, lack of conditioning, heart or other disease, can create additional hardship that diminishes the suitability or enjoyment of this type of trip.
- Please consider these conditions, and check with your physician prior to your trip.
- In general, participants will need to meet the following physical requirements:-Fit into a Type III Life Jacket (maximum chest size is 52”)required by the National Park Service.-Enough agility to lower yourself in and out of a kayak/canoe-Ability to navigate uneven terrain on hikes and in camp-Assist in carrying your own gear which includes your boat-Be within the recommended weight range for the activity
- All participants must completed a Participant Agreement/Acknowledgement of Risk Form
- Minimum 2 to operate any tour
- Routes and trips are proposed and might change. Although we will do everything in our power to make sure trips are as described, we may change routes, locations, or times to ensure the safety of our guests and guides.
- We cannot be responsible for wind, weather, waves, rain, heat, flash floods, earthquakes, or unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel trips due to weather or unsafe conditions. In this case, we will reschedule, issue a credit, or refund money, depending on individual circumstances.
- Payment in full is required when booking
- Payment will show on statement as from Awesome Adventures Inc.
- Reservations cancelled 14+ days prior to tour date receive refund of deposits/payment minus a 6% processing fee
- Reservations cancelled 7-13 days prior to tour date receive 50% refund
- Reservations cancelled 3-6 days prior to tour date receive 25% deposit
- Reservations cancelled 2 or less days prior to tour date receive no refunds.